Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me! (by Dave Machado)



So today is my 25th Birthday and I've decided to celebrate the occasion by creating a Blog.  My plan is to use this place for longer thoughts that can't be confined to Facebook and Twitter updates.  This won't be a personal Blog where I complain about daily life.  I have two good reasons for this:

  1. I have a pretty good life
  2. No one likes reading about people complaining
So why did I create this Blog?  Simple, I still have stuff to say that I hope you will find entertaining enough to read.  This will be my place to write reviews for movies, music, and TV shows along with other thoughts on Pop Culture related events.  In fact, expect some exciting posts in the coming days related to my 2010 Emmy Nomination thoughts!

But first, back to my birthday.  When I was younger, it seemed like such an amazing day that you would countdown to for weeks, just waiting to be able to say you were one year older (which also meant you had to remember to lift 1 extra finger when asked your age.  A big responsibility for such a small body).  But as the numbers get higher (and you run out of fingers and/or people caring about your age), the day gets a little less exciting.  Yet as I sit here on the 1/4 century anniversary of my birth, I realize that while it may not be as exciting as it was to turn 5, 10, 13, 16, 18, or 21, it's still a day that makes me happy and I still countdown to. So tonight when I go to buy that bottle of wine to celebrate my birthday and the cashier asks for my ID, maybe I'll just flash both hands twice and then my right hand 1 more time, letting it linger as if waiting for a high five.

Happy Birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment