Monday, November 22, 2010

Xmas Xtravaganza of Xmusic: Day 1 (by Dave Machado)


It's officially the Holiday season so I thought I would start a new series to help guide us safely to Xmas Day (where we celebrate the birth of Jason X). Each day, I will showcase one song that I enjoy as a way to expand upon the list of Holiday music you listen to each year. I'll also give you a few fun facts about each song to help you appreciate the significance of it.

Day 1: Christmas Night of the Zombies (by MxPx)

"Christmas night of the living dead!/Their face is green and the snow is red!"

What better way to start this series than with the ideal Xmas song for someone like me. It takes the joy of Xmas and combines it with the even greater joy of zombies. I was first introduced to this song when I purchased the Holiday album A Santa Cause, which you will be hearing much more about as the days go by. Christmas Night of the Zombies is loud, fast, original, and awesome. If you ever wanted to hear a Christmas song about shooting zombies in the head with a shotgun, then this song is for you. Now if only someone would make an entire movie based on this two and a half minute long song.

Fun Facts:

  • This song is based on the real life Christmas Eve Zombie Epidemic of 1983.
  • If you listen to this song 5 times in a row while driving in a car, you will become awesome.
  • Contrary to popular opinion, most Zombies actually celebrate Hanukkah.
  • This is the only song worth listening to by MxPx.

You're Welcome,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment