Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Xmas Xtravaganza of Xmusic: Day 4 (by Dave Machado)


It's officially the Holiday season so I thought I would start a new series to help guide us safely to Xmas Day (where we celebrate the birth of Jason X). Each day, I will showcase one song that I enjoy as a way to expand upon the list of Holiday music you listen to each year. I'll also give you a few fun facts about each song to help you appreciate the significance of it.


Day 4:
All I Want For Christmas Is You (by Mariah Carey)

"Make my wish come true/All I want for Christmas is you!"


I have returned from my Thanksgiving induced food coma to continue this important series. After missing a few days, I figured it was time to bring out the big guns (boob pun). Say what you will, but I have a real soft spot for this song. I don't care for the rest of her Christmas album (except Joy to the World) but this song alone makes the existence of it crucial to the enjoyment of the Holiday season. I tend to enjoy lots of cynical anti-Christmas songs (I love the holiday, but cynicism always wins out over Merriness and Joy) but this is a good example of a great modern Christmas song that actually celebrates the holiday (without being all "Christ-y").


Fun Facts:

  • Mariah Carey released a new Christmas album this year.
    • Sub Fun Fact: No one cares.
  • When I sing this song in my car, I am most likely singing to a DVD Box Set I have my eye on.
  • This song plays an important part in the movie Love Actually, which is a movie I love about 1000x more than I should. Seriously, I watch it every Christmas season.

You're Welcome,

Dave

Previous Days:

Day 1 (Christmas Night of the Zombies - MxPx)
Day 2 (Christmas Tree - Lady Gaga)
Day 3 (Santa Claus is Coming to Town - The Pointer Sisters)

No comments:

Post a Comment