Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Xmas Xtravaganza of Xmusic: Day 2 (by Dave Machado)


It's officially the Holiday season so I thought I would start a new series to help guide us safely to Xmas Day (where we celebrate the birth of Jason X). Each day, I will showcase one song that I enjoy as a way to expand upon the list of Holiday music you listen to each year. I'll also give you a few fun facts about each song to help you appreciate the significance of it.

Day 2: Christmas Tree (by Lady Gaga)

"Ho Ho Christmas!/My Christmas Tree's delicious!"

This one is for all the Little Monsters out there. What better way to celebrate Christmas than with a giant sexual metaphor. I discovered this song last year when Amazon was giving away one free Christmas MP3 a day. You can imagine my surprise when I saw this come up because I wasn't even aware Lady Gaga had a Holiday song. I quickly did a search for the only other artist who I felt needed to have a Christmas song (Andrew W.K.) but sadly came up empty handed. After I got over the initial shock of how terrible this song is, I became to embrace it as an example of how to use subtle (SUBTLE) hints to make Christmas songs a little sexy (slutty). 

Fun Facts:
  • This is one of two Christmas songs to end with the line "Cherry Cherry Boom Boom!" The other is Hark! The Harold Angels Sing by Sting.
  • Christmas Tree = Lady Gaga's vagina
    • Sub Fun Fact: It took me 7 listens to figure that out.
  • Space Cowboy (who this song also features) was my nickname in High School.
  • The balls are now in Katy Perry and Ke$ha's hands (heh heh) in order to "out slut" this Christmas song.

You're Welcome,
Dave

Previous Days:

No comments:

Post a Comment